Wednesday, May 22, 2013

the darling fabricate co-owner ~ corey strohmeyer



You can only imagine how excited we were when we heard the news that a sewing boutique was coming to town. And did it ever! Corey and Linda brought Fabrciate to Boulder and we couldn't be more thrilled to have the cutest, coziest, modern sewing shop just a bike ride away. Involving our local community crushes into our Summer Series events has been one of the most special parts about putting this together and we are super excited to have Corey teaching a personalized picnic blanket class on June 2. She's an incredible teacher and will help you start out your summer with a blanket you'll love and use for all your outdoor occasions. A little up closer & personal with the darling Corey below.

..........................................

Having coffee with a creative friend is at the top of my inspiration library.

A summer hike you love.
I'm a beach gal, so instead of hiking I park it in a beach chair on the east coast.

A favorite summer vegetable.
Arugula. And Avocados. Preferably at the same time.

Favorite food hangout in town.
Snooze. Get the Bella Bella Benny.

Ice Cream for lunch screams summer.

A risk you're glad you took.
Opening Fabricate! Never thought we'd be that gutsy.

A favorite gift you've received.
I love Russian nesting dolls and my friend Sabrina hand painted an entire set of 7 dolls for me. It's tied with the shrinky-dink necklace I got for Mother's Day 4 years ago.

What you love most about what you do.
Everyday brings new people with great ideas into my life, and even if I've learned nothing new from them, there's always been a good conversation that happened.

The most challenging or difficult part about what you do.
Making myself understand that I can't do everything I want/need to, whether it's creatively, professionally or personally.

The lesson I keep learning.
If you go to bed late, you will wake up tired (typed at 11:27pm)

My go-to outfit.
Jeans and boots, or jeans and flip-flops. Depends on the temperature.

Daily practice.
Taking a few minutes before I fall asleep to give thanks for all the great things in my life.

Any tricks for finding life balance.
I like that you call them "tricks" which shows that you must be a magician to know them : ) Therefore, I have none. Let me know if you've got any!

..........................................

Thanks so much Corey! 

2 comments:

  1. <3 Great profile of a great lady! Wish I could take the class and visit her shop someday!

    ReplyDelete