Tuesday, March 27, 2012

amazing alex



Alessandra Cave is just full of inspiration ~ every which way you turn. In addition to her genuine loving ways, she brings a wealth of experience from her career in the film industry, her adventurous travels and huge heart into her photography. She beautifully describes how her style reflects what she loves most in life ~ 'people, color, beauty, romance, bohmeian flair and a feeling of wanderlust, all wrapped in a soft light and sunshine glow.' It's not hard to see that she's over the moon in love with capturing images and we are just thrilled to have her back teaching two workshops this year ~ Your Life in Pictures & Shoot Your Craft. I adore our in-person conversations and of the many things I love about Alex, one of my very favorites is how she follows her heart and inspires others to do the same. 


Get to know the sweet, sweet Alex below!

...........................................................................

The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I snuggle with my daughter and husband for a few minutes (or a few too many) in bed. I admit that I usually fuss a bit and have a hard time getting up, but once I'm up and with a hot beverage in hand, things begin to flow fast. In fact, mornings turn out to be my most productive time of the day after all.

A fun tidbit people would never know about you?
I studied and danced classical ballet for some 10+ years. Dance was my very first love.


Some favorite ways to relax?
I really love having some alone time to read, daydream, take walks in nature, journal and just wander on my own. Other than that, I really relax the most when I am back in my home country, Brazil. There is something about the laid back culture of just hanging out on the beach all day, chatting with your friends until your jaw locks from laughing so much, dancing forro (a typical dance), listening to bossa nova all night, swimming in warm waters, hiking in a tropical jungle, and eating lots of fresh juicy fruits, that does it for me every single time. Oh and the sunshine! I definitely need to be in warm sunshine to recharge!


What's for dinner?
For today I was thinking salmon, couscous and roasted veggies.


The best advice you’ve received?
Follow your heart. It's a staple, but still, our own head and general outside influence can truly slow things down.


What are you most excited about lately?
Right now I'm really excited about finding my way back to myself again. I have been jotting down several ideas since my daughter was born, and now I'm getting close to bringing some of those to life, such as my first e-course "shoot your craft" and a few book proposals.


A favorite spot you’ve traveled to?
So hard to pick one place only, but I must say that I have magical memories of Thailand back in the day, and especially of a little bay called Hat Tham Phra Nang. That little tiny place is how I'd always envisioned paradise would be like.


What makes you laugh?
My Brazilian friends and their very unique way of joking around and making fun of their own stories. And my daughter, of course, but I would say that with her is more giggling than laughing :)


Your favorite way to make someone smile?
Offer unexpected kindness.


What, in your mind, is a recipe for disaster?
Lack of sleep! No doubt.


Any tricks for finding life balance?
These days I'm trying to stay detached from the idea of balance and focusing more on trying to meet every moment with a bit more gentleness.


If the world ended tomorrow, what would upset you most about the person you didn’t get to become?
I don't think that I could be really upset, because I love the life I've created for myself this far, and I also have the comfort of knowing that I am always trying to move in the direction of my dreams regardless of the end result. I've always thought more in terms of "the journey is the destination" for my life goals anyway. On the other hand, what would make me really sad is if I did not get to see my daughter grow up to be the amazing woman I know she will be. I long for deep long conversations with her...

See! Isn't she amazing? Thank you Alex. 

No comments:

Post a Comment