Thursday, February 7, 2013

our makerie goodie bag design




As you know, we ran a contest in the Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design e-course to design our Makerie Sewing bags. Well the entires were so fabulous that we decided to award another winner for the Makerie goodie bags! We are honored to have Chloe Wood's design featured on our bags this year and asked her to share a bit about her talented self

"Having grown up in the Cornish/Devon countryside in England, I have always been inspired by the natural world in particular Flora and Fauna. I love to take my ideas, sketch and create patterns & designs. For the Makerie goodie bag brief I had the idea of designing something which captured what the Makerie brand is all about. So I decided to incorporate the tree of life into the design as being at one with nature allows you to release your inner creativity. This was something I learnt about myself on my travels around India. 


Since I embarked on The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design Course I have been able to push my dreams and design ideas further. I intend to start developing my designs onto products for fabrics, homewares, stationary and gadgets. I am over the moon to have my design featured on the Makerie goodie bag."

We're thrilled to be part of Chloe's budding design career and can't wait to see her design printed on our bags. A hearfelt thanks again to Beth & Rachael for supporting this fabulous, fun design challenge! 

2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely design for a bag. It would make a fabulous present for a friend. You've obviously given the award to the right person!

    ReplyDelete