Tuesday, October 23, 2012

incredible aran!


We are so very excited to welcome back Aran Goyoaga to the Makerie in 2013! We are still mesmerized by the gorgeous images that came out of her classes last year. Aran is the author of the beautiful blog, Canelle et Vanille, where she showcases her inspirational take on recipes (that happen to be gluten free ~ which you'd never guess!) along with stunning, styled images that leave us wishing we could jump in and take a bite. This year Aran will be teaching two courses ~ Fabulous Food & Prop Styling and Food Photography on a Farm. Yes, on an actual farm and a rather special one at that ~ the Lyons Farmette. Whole Foods Boulder is sponsoring both of Aran's workshops and we're working on some pretty exciting things behind the scenes over here. We couldn't be more proud and excited for Aran's official book release yesterday: Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking. We just ordered our copy and can't wait to add it to our cookbook shelf. Get to know the adorable Aran below! 

.........................................................................


What is your favorite food obsession right now? 
I have to say that probably Michel Cluizel chocolate. I have a little bit nearly everyday after lunch.

What did you want to be when you grew up? 
I have no idea honestly. I remember when I was 14 standing up in class answering the same question and I think I said I wanted to be a telecom engineer. It came out of the blue as I had never even thought about it. Of course that never realized nor did the thought cross my mind.

What's for breakfast? 
Usually porridge with fruit and an egg.

A wish that came true. 
To work in food.

A favorite gift you’ve received. 
The clothes my great-aunt knitted for my children when they were born. I still have them neatly wrapped in blue paper and stored for when they have children.

A condiment you love. 
I’m not much of a condiment person. Does sea salt count?

What you love most about what you do. 
The creativity, the freedom when I get to experiment with food and colors ... Also that I get to travel.

The most challenging or difficult part about what you do. 
To feel stuck – when creativity doesn’t flow and I feel saturated. It’s not always easy to keep things fresh maintaining your own perspective and style.

_________ is at the top of my inspiration library.
Donna Hay.

Any tricks for finding life balance? 
I am not sure there is such a thing. When one side thrives in my life, the others usually suffer. It’s about being able to juggle both sides without going insane or neglecting the important things. Not easy for sure. For me, it’s been about dedicating time to work when I had an important project and having my husband step into a supporting role. Then I have periods of time that I am not working and I am with my children at home. I also try to take my children as much as possible when I travel so that helps.

.........................................................................

Thanks Aran!

No comments:

Post a Comment