Monday, February 7, 2011

letterpress class


I was so lucky to attend the letterpress workshop at Birddog Press last Sunday. I love paper ~ beautiful thick paper that feels like velvet in your hands. When I saw that Alli was offering a workshop on creating your own letterpress stationery, well how could a girl with a longtime love affair with letterpress say no? It was a fantastic day of playing with wood type letters, learning a brand new creative skill, and a wonderful place to share ideas and inspiration with like-minded people.

Not only did I leave the workshop with a set of stationery I designed myself, but ended the day with a huge reaffirmation of why I wanted to create the Makerie. Spending the day with this wonderful little community, getting lost in creativity, just filled me to the brim. It's one of the best things you can do for yourself. Period. Creativity helps people find balance in their lives. It fills them up in magical ways. And although it may be a bit disguised, it's one of the most beautiful forms of self care there is.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh I wish I could have joined you.. that sounds right up my alley.. that's something I would so so enjoy! good for you! xo hugs

    ReplyDelete