Monday, June 17, 2013

the sweet shannon of hot mama designs



When you meet Shannon, you are immediately drawn in by her awesome energy and contagious laugh. She and her business partner Sahra are the creators of Hot Mama and Sugar Soul Studio, adorning women and their families with inspiring jewelry pieces that are created to tell a special story and celebrate life.  Each of their uniquely designed pieces are clearly works of art and you can feel the joy these women have in making them by hand ~ every single one. We are truly thrilled to have Shannon teaching a Daisy Chain jewelry making workshop in July and can't wait for her students to create their own special works of art. Not only will they love the energy Shannon brings into her classes, but will adore their one-of-a-kind inspired jewelry they will bring home. In case you're wondering where to find this talented two-some, they'll be exhibiting at multiple fabulous events this summer. We just know you'll love them and their jewelry line as much as we do! Without further ado, get to know the inspiring, sweet Shannon below. 

................................

Raw metal is at the top of my inspiration library

A summer hike I love is anywhere in Boulder where I can see wildflowers. Little blue flowers are my very favorite. 

A favorite summer vegetable
I love tomatoes with lots of fancy salt from the spice shop. Or maybe ratatouille with lots of basil on top. Both are favorites so it's a tie. 

Little boys of mine in bathing suits with freckles screams summer.

Risk I am glad I took.
Starting my business with a new baby. After giving birth I thought I could do just about anything. I still feel the same way. 

Favorite gift.
My business partner Sahra made an inspiration board for me at the studio as a surprise without my asking. She knew I had saved postcards and pictures of art that I loved for YEARS. She found a board I had covered in linen, put all the inspirational images on it & hung it in my studio space. It makes me feel happy, inspired and loved every day. 

What I love most about what I do.
The connection with people, when someone "gets" my art. When someone tells me that my jewelry is their favorite thing and they wear it everyday. When I am walking down the street and see someone wearing my jewelry that I don't know. When I hear that my work makes someone happy. I feel privileged and honored to be able to adorn people with pieces that celebrate life's important moments. 

The most challenging or difficult part about what I do. 
Too many ideas to express in the allotted time that I have to express them. 

The lesson I keep learning.
That life, happiness, joy, sadness and grief are all intertwined and often surprisingly happen simultaneously. 

My go-to outfit.
Black short sundress, chunky sandals, big sterling cuff bracelets. 

Daily practice.
Cooking. It makes me really happy and relaxes me. I get lots of creative ideas and solve many problems when I am deep into making a recipe.

Tricks for life balance. 
Ha I am the last person to ask on this subject. I like to move my body (I love dancing) eat yummy food, be with my kids, spend time with my friends and family, and making things with my hands.  If I am doing all of these things on a semi-regular basis then I am a pretty happy woman. 

................................

Thanks so much Shannon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment