Thursday, February 23, 2012

marvelous marisa


You can certainly say that everything Marisa makes is adorable. In fact, I have one of her paintings that I gaze at every single day. It says 'Be Yourself' and I just love it. Marisa is the founder of Creative Thursday. If you're wondering what it is, you're not alone as it is a question Marisa hears often. Here's how she describes it: "I realized that I am happy when I am being creative. When I was working my 9 to 5 job in Colorado and hardly getting any creative time in, I decided that at least one day a week, Thursdays, had to be set aside for fun and creativity! And this is how CREATIVE THURSDAY was born." When you visit her site, Marisa hopes 'you feel inspired to be more creative in your own life, and to surround yourself with color as you can't help but feel happy and alive in its presence. Just remember there is no limit to what we can do when we live to be FREE, Happy and TRUE and be CREATIVE every day, especially THURSDAYS.' We are honored to have Marisa and her passion for living a creative life leading two workshops this year. Both will be filled to the brim with inspiration ~ that we know for sure! 


Here's a peek into Marisa! 

...........................................................................

The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
A hot shower and then coffee time with Sean. At the moment I’m actually trying out life with out my usual latte, so technically I’m having tea time and Sean is having coffee time. Visiting with a hot beverage in hand, this is always our chance to chat and connect before the rest of the day begins. In regards to the shower it’s like a brand new, fresh, clean start to every morning, and I always like to be ready and dressed for the day even if my plan is to work from my home studio. This way if something spontaneous comes up, I’m ready for that too!
A fun tidbit people would never know about you?
I have been known to eat Pistachio nuts at breakfast time
Some favorite ways to relax?
Yoga, being creative, a walk and watching an episode {or 2 in a row} of Breaking Bad {Yes. This is true. The relief we feel that we don’t lead the lives of criminals combined with the appreciation we have for the life that we are already living leaves us feeling completely relaxed after each episode}
What's for dinner?
Wild Rice Casserole from one of my new favorite cookbooks “Super Natural Every Day” by Heidi Swanson
What are you most excited about lately?
Everything! It's so exciting when you finally start hitting your stride because you made the decision to commit to really, truly stepping into the fullness of your life.
A favorite spot you’ve traveled to?
The picnic area in front of the Eiffel Tower is just a magical as it seems.
What makes you laugh? 
When Conan O’Brien does his puppet strings dance 
Any tricks for finding life balance? 
Get enough sleep. I recently heard Gretchen Rubin, the author of “The Happiness Project” talk about how we are living in a sleep deprived society. She proceeded to tell us the first step to finding more happiness in your life is to get enough sleep. Something about hearing her say those words, gave me permission to start making more sleep a priority and on the days when I do I feel so much better. I can’t help but spread that message everywhere I go, to everyone I know now.
Favorite books from your personal library?
Right this moment, Dottie Angel by Uppercase, and my second favorite cookbook La Tartine Gourmande by Beatrice Peltre. Love, love, love them!
Thank you Marisa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment