Tuesday, July 23, 2013

meet the magnificent kristin


Where do I begin to tell you about Kristin FitzGerrell? Do I start with her unending creative way of thinking, or tell you about the magnificent art she creates for her Studio 22, or the fact that she was the very first person I shared my Makerie idea with and has been a most valuable sounding board ever since? Well I could share a million more things I love about her, but also wanted you to get to know this creative superstar who will be teaching our fabulous Color & Collage workshop in a few weeks. Trust me, you will not only come away from this class with a modern, useful pantry chalkboard, but take home abundant inspiration for dozens of other projects too. It's a very special honor to have Kristin teaching for us, as she was truly one of the main reasons I found the courage to begin with to give this whole Makerie idea a try.

Meet the magfinicent Kristin below!

..........................................

The Life of a Bowerbird, Sibella Court is at the top of my inspiration library.  

A summer hike you love. 
Mary White Trail north of Boulder, with my youngest Emma, my favorite hiking buddy in the whole world.

A favorite summer vegetable. 
Japanese Eggplant 

Favorite food hangout in town. 
Pizzeria Locale (happy hour!)

Jammie days with NO plans scream summer.

A risk you’re glad you took.
Saying 'I am an artist.'

A favorite gift you’ve received.
An old truck from my sweet husband.

What you love most about what you do.
It allows me to be 100% me.

The most challenging or difficult part about what you do.
The vision on an artwork and the piece itself don't always match up. Being ok with that moment is often times tough.

The lesson I keep learning.
Less is really more.

Daily practice
Gratitude. 

Any tricks for finding life balance?
Slowing down for the parts that matter and skipping a few of the parts that don't.

..........................................

Thank you so much sweet Kristin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment