Monday, December 6, 2010

hello lizzy!


Meet the darling Lizzy House! A printmaker, textile designer, and illustrator, she travels the world in search of inspiration. When she isn't printing or designing fabric, or sleeping on an airplane, she is probably planning a party or writing a list. If neither of those is underway, she is probably tying a bow on something and/or someone. Her aesthetic is one to be reckoned with and we are thrilled to have her as a teacher for our inaugural year! Not only will you love her pattern design & block printing classes, but you will love HER just as much. I can vouch for what a fabulous teacher she is because I have taken her incredible classes myself!

Lizzy answered all of our silly questions so come get to know her a little more!

..............................................

If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?
I'd be one of the lions.

If you could start your own restaurant, what would it be?
It would probably be a raw vegan restaurant, or the complete opposite, a French Patisserie.

Do you have any phobias?
I have a real problem with deep water and deep space... it seems so infinite in a terrifying way.

Favorite thing to eat for breakfast.
Fruit! and sometimes muesli

Your true indulgence.
Netflix

Hidden talents.
I can detect left handed geminis. I can also tell you about yourself just from talking to you for a couple of minutes.

Favorite actor or actress.
I'm really digging Paul Schneider, and Ben Whishaw.

What color shoes are you wearing right now?
Currently all of my shoes are metallic gold, and that's the way I like it. 

If you could give the world one piece of advice, what would it be?
Know thyself! But beyond that, be generous. Generous with your time, your gifts, and your heart.

If you could have a room full of any one thing, what would it be?
Ribbon or dishes

What do you value most in other people?
Honesty, generosity, and good humor 

What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
Becoming an Olympian. I don't play sports, of any kind, BUT IT KILLS ME! to know that I will never be in the Olympics!

What is the best advice you've ever given and received?
There was a point in my life, where I was at a real low, and a dear friend gave me the advice to "not waste my energy on things that were out of my control". It literally changed my life. I still sometimes find myself in a tizzy about ridiculous things, but I can shake myself out of it, look at the good, look at the possibilities, and truly decide what kind of time and energy I am going to give any given situation. When you give yourself the power to release yourself from things just happening to you, and step back and review your situation, you realize that very little is actually worth fretting over.

Do you like to sing in the shower?
If I am not singing, it is only because I am deep in thought working out the problems of the universe. 

A wish not fulfilled.
No, I have pretty much my whole life ahead of me to work out my wishes. Plus, 2 years ago when I went to Disney World, all of my fairytale childhood wishes and dreams came true, so I'm in a good place.

If you have to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be?
Glitter. Just kidding.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Glitter is just a hilarious answer! Great interview. I'm looking forward to what Lizzy has planned next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore every word this woman has to say. How wonderful to hear a little more. Love that Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it (especially the glitter & gold shoes - I have on gold shoes right now!), but I admit, I was reading in hopes of hearing something about the second line of castle peeps. Please give us some more to go on!

    ReplyDelete